Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Fall Picture Updates


Here is our scarecrow that I thought was pretty decent for our first try! It was fun putting it together although it probably took us longer to get the corn stalks tied to the hay than it did getting the scarecrow put together.


These are our pumpkins we carved. The bat cat is Kim's and the house in mine. Seriously, though, don't ever do a house. The next day, my house collapsed in on itself.


Kim made these cupcakes for the Thursday night that Racine does its trick or treating. They were pretty awesome!


Kim made these letters for Elise's room to go on the wall. I thought they were cool. We bought the wooden letters from Crafts 2000 then some scrapbook paper. She glued the paper then cut around the letters. Then, she put some border and extras on them. She's a creative ole Kimcat!


This picture is still a little unfinished. Originally, we were going to leave it like this. I like the lights the way they are, however, ideally we wanted them on the top story roof too. But, my fear of heights prevented me from doing so. Then, we found a handy gadget at Lowe's that lets you put the hangers and lights up with a long pole. So, I'm going to try doing that. I still have to get on the top of the porch roof which is terrible considering I'm a wimp when it comes to heights, but I think I can do it!


Here is my Rudolph I put together last night. I saw these things at the mall recently (obviously, much more well built) and wanted to try my hand at it. The worst part is not having a lathe or drill press, but I worked with what I had. I had to go primitive on tapering the legs..I used a hatchet! I know, call me stupid, but it worked for something like this. My only big oops with it, that in the future I'll remember, is the angle of the legs. I made them come out far too wide. Other than that, I thought the overall result was decent.








0 comments:

Post a Comment