Wednesday, July 4, 2012

4th of July Float

I thought the 4th of July float turned out really good this year considering we lost a few days of working on it due to power outages.  Our theme was "Don't waste your sports" as we were advertising our basketball camp this month.  Here are some pics.


The goals are actually perfectly to scale in every way that was possible.  They are 72"x42".  The rim is actually a few inches higher than it should be, but the only reason I did that was because originally we planned on having them sit on the float floor itself and I didn't want the nets just sitting on the floor.    


Side view.


The rim is made out of pex piping with a PVC coupling.  It's as close to 18" in diameter as I could get them.  When I got them painted, I used them to draw my arch on the wood and then cut it.  I attached the pipe with screws.  Then, I had a 2x4 base to attach it to the goals.
 



Kim did the signs and as always did an awesome job!





Here is the finished product!  On the float it Katie Caldwell, Xander Fisher, Evan Eaton, and Julianna Eaton.  


Big thanks to Doug Hunter for pulling the float this year!  Also, thanks to everyone who helped stuff the napkins!!  That's always the hardest part.  


0 comments:

Post a Comment