Thursday, February 9, 2012

Shelves



This was my practice shelf that I built so I could experiment with how good (or bad) one might look before I built Ellie's. This shows it with putty and all, but after I stained it a dark color, it was hard to see the bottom portion. But, I put this in my office because I wanted something to hang my coat on and to put choir stuff.



This is the shelf I built for Ellie's room. I built this one a little different than the other. I also used better wood. The hardest part is cutting the braces because the jigsaw blade tends to bend when you're cutting the shapes. But, it came out pretty good. Also, of all places, I got my pattern for the braces from MarthaStewart.com. You can print them out and make them as big or small as you want to use for whatever shelf you're building. Pretty convenient!

0 comments:

Post a Comment