Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day and Chili Dogs


Kim got me a gift for Valentine's Day. She did a personalized wrapping job too which I thought was really cool (see pic above). I didn't take a picture of the actual gift, but it was a trim router from Harbor Freight that I saw a few weeks ago and said it would be nice to have. She's a good listener. I got her a stuffed rabbit she had been wanting to put in the kitchen as a decoration. If you have been to McClure's in Pomeroy lately, you may have seen it. But, because we normally go everywhere together, I asked her mom if she would pick it up for me on her way home from work one day and she did. But, I almost blew my own surprise.

Kim and I were working up in the baby's room doing something and I was concentrating really hard on whatever we were doing. Her mom texted me the words, "Mission Accomplished!!" Well, I wasn't thinking about the gift and thought maybe she was texting with Kim and accidentally sent me a text. So, I showed Kim and was like, "That's odd? Do you know what she's talking about?" Kim looked at me funny and was like, "Do YOU know what she's talking about?" Those probably weren't the exact words we used, but it was a similar conversation. Then, it hit me...I pretty much got that, "Oh, crap," look on my face and told her to pretend she never saw anything. It didn't ruin the surprise by any means, but I felt like kind of a doofus.

After I got back from my office last night, we went to Leg Horn's in Athens. We were trying to decide between there and Applebee's, but then we thought about the cookies. Leg Horn's has a giant cookie with ice cream that is ridiculous. It is so stinkin good. So, we both had our food and a cookie. Also, I tried their chili dogs. I'm going to go off on a bit of a tangent here, but it's something I'm passionate about.

First, I don't like skyline chili. Call me picky, but it's just not my thing. I was open to it though. At first, I would see the sign for it and drool because I do enjoy chili and most people talked it up. But, one day on a trip back from Cincinnati, Ryan took me to eat there and got me a couple of chili dogs. I learned very quickly that Skyline is not my cup of tea. I've also learned since to be careful of chili around these parts. In Florida, you're pretty much guaranteed that you'll like any given bowl of chili, but Ohio will slip in a bowl of nasty every once in a while. So, I have to keep my guard up. Second, I'm an all beef hotdog guy. If it's not all beef, I can take it or leave it. Don't get me wrong, I'll eat a hotdog any day of the week, but I'll scarf down some all beefs. Dairy Queen in Ravenswood or Ripley (yes, location matters--Middleport DQ's are not good) has AMAZING chili dogs. All beef dogs, great homemade chili, and they toast their buns. Going back to Leg Horn's...Their chili dogs were pretty good! I wasn't super crazy over the chili, but it wasn't bad by any means. Definitely worth a try for anyone.

Anyways, I thought Valentine's Day was pretty good yesterday. The gift, food, and company of my wife is more than any man can ask for.

0 comments:

Post a Comment