Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Puzzles

Kim and I both enjoy doing puzzles.  It would be nice to have more time to do them, but of course it's difficult.  Even so, we finished the top puzzle about a week ago.  We had a couple of others glued as well and just sitting upstairs but they weren't glued very well anyways.  Before, I had used those small bottles of puzzle glue that had tiny brushes to complete an entire puzzle which was horribly time consuming.  They also went on clear which made it hard to see what you had already covered.  On this last puzzle, we used Mod Podge and it worked wonders.  The lid is huge and I was able to fit a whole sponge brush in and get the puzzle done quickly.  It also went on white so I could see what I had covered, but it dried clear and glossy.  So, using the Mod Podge was a huge success.  I even went back over the older two puzzles as well to fix them up.

The next issue was wanting to put them around the room, but fearing the expense of frames.  So, I grabbed a 2x4 from the garage and ripped it to maybe half an inch or so, mitered the corners, and stuck a few frames together.  They actually turned out better than I expected.  Then, I just stapled the puzzles to the backs of the frames.  I'm not, however, a great photographer.  The pictures make the frames look a little unlevel, but they actually sit flush with one another across the walls.






0 comments:

Post a Comment