Sunday, June 16, 2013

New Youth Room!

The youth room upstairs in the gym was in desperate need of a redoing.  We were using an old stand up projector screen that got in the way more than anything.  Our projector never worked.  Our sound system got abused from people coming in and messing with it.  Plus, it just looked cluttered and messy.  So, we did some renovations starting with Mark getting a new projector for us.


Here is the final result.


I hung the projector on a 2x4 mounted between the 5' spaced purlins (which are like the metal version of a stud that I didn't know until this project).  Then, I ran the cables down the ceiling line and down the wall to outlets with HDMI and VGA access.  Our current projector doesn't support HDMI but I didn't want to have to rerun another cable if we ever got a projector that did.


To mount the screen, I had to attach 2x4s on two sections of wall and then attach the screen to those.  It worked out just fine.


I built and mounted shelves to set the speakers in the corners and ran the cables to them.  That way when we need the speakers down, the cables stay and it's easy reconnecting.


This is the sound box I built and equipped it with a latch to lock it.  I also built a shelf on the side for my PC when I'm running powerpoint.  I put a shelf on the bottom for a little extra storage.  And I attached wheels in case we need it to be mobile.

0 comments:

Post a Comment